This post will explain how you can redirect all the joins parts and quits to another window (channel) so you can focus on the actual messages in a channel.
- Create a new hidden window in irssi
/window new hidden
- Give the newly created window a name and stick it
/window name @chancon
In my case I named the window "@chancon"
You can move the channel to a disered place if you like.
I have mine on id 10 so I do this:
/window move 10
- Set the desired window levels for recieving and redirecting messages
/set window_default_level MSGS PUBLICS NOTICES CTCPS ACTIONS KICKS MODES TOPICS NICKS CLIENTCRAP
/foreach window /window level MSGS PUBLICS NOTICES CTCPS ACTIONS KICKS MODES TOPICS NICKS CLIENTCRAP
- Now set the incoming level for messages for your channel to JOINS, PARTS and QUITS
/window level -ALL JOINS PARTS QUITS
- Last but not least go to your status window and remove the JOINS, PARTS and QUITS from there:
/window level ALL -JOINS -PARTS -QUITS
- When thats done we should save our layout and config so we have that configuration and window also on our next irssi restart