in this post I will show off my current irssi setup so you can use it if you like.
Note that I still need to find a good font but still looks nice.
- Irssi (I use 1.1)
- weed theme (https://github.com/ronilaukkarinen/weed/)
- Some plugins:
- awl.pl: https://scripts.irssi.org/scripts/adv_windowlist.pl (Advanced Window List [Mandatory for the theme] )
- nickcolor.pl: https://scripts.irssi.org/scripts/nickcolor.pl (Nicks in different colors)
- per_window_prompt.pl: https://scripts.irssi.org/scripts/per_window_prompt.pl (Every channel has his own prompt so you can freely switch btween them and type something else in another without the need of deleting the written stuff from the previous channel)
- usercount.pl: https://scripts.irssi.org/scripts/usercount.pl (Counts all users in a channel and displays the total number)
- awaybar.pl: https://scripts.irssi.org/scripts/awaybar.pl (Used for drawing a line below read messages so you always know what is a unread chat when away)
- sb_search.pl: https://scripts.irssi.org/scripts/sb_search.pl (Used for searching directly in irssi in the scrollback
Thats all you need. First download the theme and place it into
~/.irssi/themethen you can specifiy it later in the config. Be sure to check also the themes README for installation instrcuctions.
My irssi config can be found here: https://github.com/Aebian/debfiles/blob/master/_irssi/
Download the plugins for e.g. with wget:
wget https://scripts.irssi.org/scripts/[filename].pl -O /home/user/.irssi/scripts/[filename].pl
Do this for every script listed above. Then cd to your
autorun folder and symlink the scripts like so:
After that start irssi and everything should be okay. You may need to edit the colors.